Tiger Users with graphical problems: look here!

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
livings124
Transmission Developer

Tiger Users with graphical problems: look here!

Post by livings124 »

Update: This didn't fix it. :(

Can users running Mac OS X 10.4, if you have graphical issues such as the bar resizing past the window or the pause/reveal buttons not responding, can you try [link removed] and give feedback, good or bad.
Debu

Re: Tiger Users with graphical problems: look here!

Post by Debu »

I just tried it and the buttons still don't work. I've never seen the bar size problem, so no comment on that.

Thanks for the effort, though!
KizzyMan

Post by KizzyMan »

Made no difference here, running 10.4.11 PPC. Buttons still don't work.
hevnurth

Post by hevnurth »

No difference, on tiger intel macbook pro, only these two buttons dysfunctional?
ThreeDee912

Post by ThreeDee912 »

I've had the 'extending bar' problem for a while. Gets annoying when you can't determine the %complete by looking at the bar, or having the pause/reveal buttons pushed off the screen.

Seems like it has something to do with window resizing, but that's just a wild guess.

I was gonna try and take a screenshot of it, but for some odd reason I can't seem to reproduce the bug anymore...
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

ThreeDee912 wrote:I was gonna try and take a screenshot of it, but for some odd reason I can't seem to reproduce the bug anymore...
Are you saying that this bug isn't occurring with the build from this thread?
twinkerzzz

Post by twinkerzzz »

livings124 wrote:
ThreeDee912 wrote:I was gonna try and take a screenshot of it, but for some odd reason I can't seem to reproduce the bug anymore...
Are you saying that this bug isn't occurring with the build from this thread?
He seems to be saying there was no difference.

Hi ive just downloaded this build on this thread today - so will give it ago.
Ive have the extended progress bar issue. It's an odd issue - if i close and open Trans several times and mix that with altering the view from minimal to non minimal i can correct it - but it's a bit like a lottery.

I'm also now getting an issue with tranmission interfering with / freezing other tasks like deleting files or burning with other apps. The whole OS is freezing and i can access finder and transmission menu bar even though ive closed transmission.

Im os tiger 10.4.11 - PPC emac

twzzz
twinkerzzz

Post by twinkerzzz »

what is that file ???
I cant seem to get it to be anything except a
file_Transmission_1.50_Tiger_Experiment.dmg 2 2.bz2
from the
ile_Transmission_1.50_Tiger_Experiment.dmg.bz2
not really being anything - what's it supposed to be ??

twzzz
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

twinkerzzz wrote:what is that file ???
I cant seem to get it to be anything except a
file_Transmission_1.50_Tiger_Experiment.dmg 2 2.bz2
from the
ile_Transmission_1.50_Tiger_Experiment.dmg.bz2
not really being anything - what's it supposed to be ??

twzzz
It should download as a disk image (dmg). Perhaps try downloading it with Safari?
twinkerzzz

Post by twinkerzzz »

[/quote]

It should download as a disk image (dmg). Perhaps try downloading it with Safari?[/quote]

ok i did but same thing:
I download a :
file_Transmission_1.50_Tiger_Experiment.dmg.bz2
then i open it and get a :
file_Transmission_1.50_Tiger_Experiment.dmg.bz2.cpgz
which opens as a:
file_Transmission_1.50_Tiger_Experiment.dmg 2.bz2
and then a:
file_Transmission_1.50_Tiger_Experiment.dmg 2.bz2.cpgz

??
should it contain a version of transmission ??
the
file_Transmission_1.50_Tiger_Experiment.dmg 2.bz2.cpgz
has nothing in it.

tzzz
guilherme

Post by guilherme »

?

Just tried downloading with Safari, Opera and Firefox... Safari automatically mounts and extracts the image, while the other ones download a mountable DMG file here... Running Leopard though...
twinkerzzz

Post by twinkerzzz »

guilherme wrote:?

Just tried downloading with Safari, Opera and Firefox... Safari automatically mounts and extracts the image, while the other ones download a mountable DMG file here... Running Leopard though...
ok - i got it through firefox

I've got this other developing issue with transmission - it's developed a sharply increased tendancy to take over /interact / effect other processess which result in a freezing of the entire OS. I have NEVER had this issue ever before.
It seems my mac doesnt like sending firewire data to other HDs when transmission is running. Once that process is effected it freezes, usually midway, everything freezes in the OS EXECPT transmission which i can access and close. After that the OS is still frozen but i also can access a transmission menu bar when i try and close other apps down. Not happy with this at all.

You may want me to raise this further on its own thread.....but i'm concerned you guys are trying to resolve the tiger issues without actually building the betas with access to a tiger OS.

twzzz
twinkerzzz

Post by twinkerzzz »

livings124 wrote:Can users running Mac OS X 10.4, if you have graphical issues such as the bar resizing past the window or the pause/reveal buttons not responding, can you try http://files.me.com/livings124/5k68hi and give feedback, good or bad.

End of first day:
The pause/inspect buttons did appear on progress bars BUT they dont work - previously they appeared and disappeared irratically - but they DID work.

tzzz
twinkerzzz

Post by twinkerzzz »

twinkerzzz wrote:End of first day:
The pause/inspect buttons did appear on progress bars BUT they dont work - previously they appeared and disappeared irratically - but they DID work.
tzzz
start of 2nd day
i opened this tiger experiemental version afresh after shuting down my mac overnight.
Unlike yesterday, the infinte extended progress bar without buttons issue DID OCCUR on opening.

I corrected it by going:
View menu > select minimal view with mouse > - this produced a minimal progress bar view WITH buttons present
then i :
View menu > deselect minimal view with mouse > - this switched to maximum progress bar view but retained the buttons.
Unlike yesterday, the buttons on each progress bar DO work today.

tzzz
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

twinkerzzz wrote:
twinkerzzz wrote:End of first day:
tzzz
start of 2nd day
i opened this tiger experiemental version afresh after shuting down my mac overnight.
Unlike yesterday, the infinte extended progress bar without buttons issue DID OCCUR on opening.
Are you sure this is with the version posted above? What is the build number of the app?