Transmission Starts Torrents Over Upon Restart

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
mulluysavage

Transmission Starts Torrents Over Upon Restart

Post by mulluysavage »

When I restart my computer, Transmission does not recognized that I have already dowloaded a portion of the torrent, and starts from scratch. I look in my file browser and there are pieces of files. Is it overwriting everything and starting from scratch each time? Should I be able to restart my machine and pick up where I left off?

Running Ubuntu Linux 8.04 LTS Thanks!
essiw

Re: Transmission Starts Torrents Over Upon Restart

Post by essiw »

On a mac you can select verify data under the menu transfers, there should be something like that with linux ; )
rb07

Re: Transmission Starts Torrents Over Upon Restart

Post by rb07 »

mulluysavage wrote:When I restart my computer, Transmission does not recognized that I have already dowloaded a portion of the torrent, and starts from scratch. I look in my file browser and there are pieces of files. Is it overwriting everything and starting from scratch each time? Should I be able to restart my machine and pick up where I left off?

Running Ubuntu Linux 8.04 LTS Thanks!
Yes it should start from where you left it... except if the computer wasn't shut down properly, in that case you may damage the file system and the problem has nothing to do with T.

Or you may be doing something strange, like moving the files around. What do you mean by "there are pieces of files", T usually pre-allocates the whole file space (but you can change that in configuration), so usually you don't see any changes in the files, perhaps date-stamps change, that's all.

In the configuration directory, do you see a resume directory? If not, that may be the problem.