Transmission uploads only but doesnt download??? help

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
purpletree

Transmission uploads only but doesnt download??? help

Post by purpletree »

hi,

i have had transmission for a while, i started using it with default settings and all was well... after two three months my download speed went all the way down to 3KB/s however my upload is 50KB/s i know the upload is not great for 1st world users but its fine for us in Saudi...

I googled a bit forwarded my Port to the router and all its tells me its open and all however i cant have a static IP set since my ISP wont allow it... but it seems to be fixed and wont change when i check... its always ***.***.1.110 so i assume its as static as it gets... i tried fixing my upload and download speed cap inside transmission...

But nothing seems to work i just keep uploading and i barely get any download... and peer count is huge....

Does it have anything to do with my total ratio being 0.96???? or is it some other problem???

plz help there isnt much use for torrents if all i do is upload :)
essiw

Re: Transmission uploads only but doesnt download??? help

Post by essiw »

nah I have a ratio of 0,35 (was 0,20 a few months ago so it is rising, it was because of upload problems) and downloads are doing fine
you will have to look how many seeders and leechers your torrent has (if it has 0 seeders then you probably end up halfway and it stops, if it has like 10 seeders and 100+ leechers don't expect high speeds) so look if you got on any torrent you are downloading more seeders than leechers