NooB with an easy question?

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
MacBookWoo

NooB with an easy question?

Post by MacBookWoo »

Hey guys first off I wanted to say the site looks great and look forward to being apart of the community. I just recently made the switch from a Dell to Macbook and I have to say I don't think I will buy anything but a Mac. So I downloaded Transmission to use as my BT Client. I have heard nothing but good things about it. Unfortunately for me its going to take some getting used to.

My question is how do I get my file to complete downloading when it stops at the end?

I used to use BitComet and I would just have to stop the download and then do a Maunual Hash Check.

If someone could please help me out I would really appreciate it. :mrgreen:
essiw

Re: NooB with an easy question?

Post by essiw »

I don't understand your question how do I get my file to complete downloading when it stops at the end.
Do you mean how to get the file?
Do you mean how to complete a download?
Do you mean why it turns green when it finished downloading?
Do you mean it gets stuck halfway?
MacBookWoo

Post by MacBookWoo »

No it stops at the very end of the download. usually between 95-99%

I had this problem with the last BT program that I used called BitComet.

Before all you would have to do would be to stop the download and then you would click Manual Hash Check and it would finish the dowload. Its almost like it just stops right at the end. Its annoying to because its a large file and it took me a while to dload.

Also, I searched everywhere for an answer for this on the forum and I couldnt find an answer anywhere.
essiw

Post by essiw »

how many seeders are there? if there are zero seeders then it means no-one has a 100% download yet (so maybe a seeder will come online or it will never complete)