How to configure Transmission to work with Tor

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
ThePhantomMacist

How to configure Transmission to work with Tor

Post by ThePhantomMacist »

I was wondering if anybody could help me and explain how to configure Transmission to work with Tor, which boxes to tick port numbers to enter etc?.
essiw

Re: How to configure Transmission to work with Tor

Post by essiw »

ThePhantomMacist wrote:I was wondering if anybody could help me and explain how to configure Transmission to work with Tor, which boxes to tick port numbers to enter etc?.
what is Tor?
ThreeDee912

Post by ThreeDee912 »

Tor is a internet anonymizer, used to circumvent things like censorship, filtering, throttling, and other kinds of traffic shaping. I'm not completely sure if Tor would work with BitTorrent in general, due to the way it works.

However, I think Azurezus might possibly have it as a feature buried in the menus somewhere, but it's been a long time since I have used it, as it is bloated and resource-hungry program.
mrowmrow

Post by mrowmrow »

Any movement on this?
dwpbike

Post by dwpbike »

i also read the blog entry and fail to see the "bad etiquette" you mention. bit torrent is not illegal.
r0n1n

Post by r0n1n »

dwpbike wrote:i also read the blog entry and fail to see the "bad etiquette" you mention. bit torrent is not illegal.
Looks like the wiki was edited.

True, bittorrent isn't illegal. But, it's still considered bad etiquette, because tor isn't ment to be used with applications that are connection/bandwidth hogs. It slows down the tor network for the other people that are using it.