Can't open torrent file

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
cico

Re: Can't open torrent file

Post by cico »

rb07 wrote:Scratch all that, the change doesn't fix it.
yes, just tried, but with no success...

but many thanks for your responsiveness anyway!
a litttle more patience won't be any problem for me, the maintainer of optware transmission is always very fast with updating the feed, in case of bugs (like the "404" in 1.60) even with non release versions... :-)
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

rb07 wrote:
cico wrote: Now I have just to wait for optware transmission being updated for my Synology NAS...
The change you mention is on a text file, just adds one line, so you can just patch/edit/replace that file on your installation.
Not quite. The entire fix is http://trac.transmissionbt.com/changeset/8400
Griisen

Post by Griisen »

Hi
I also have the same problem with my WD1 TB and when i use Firefox and IE8.
Have anybody solved the problem?
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

As said above, it's fixed in the nightlies. :)
dude

Post by dude »

Hopefully, 1.62 will be out soon to fix this. Meanwhile, for those who are using "pure" transmission-daemon (with no GUI, web interface only), it's still possible to add torrents via transmission-remote.

Code: Select all

transmission-remote -a --add filenames-or-URLs
betz

Post by betz »

Same here, running transmission-daemon on debian lenny.
I can start new torrent by uploading with the torrent URL, but not with uploading the torrent file itself.
Just did aptitude update and upgrade, but still same.
ingoodmood

Post by ingoodmood »

Downloaded the transmisison.js from http://trac.transmissionbt.com/browser/ ... s?rev=8400 and replaced the old one on my WD 1TB, the problem is still there, torrents cannot be uploaded via the Web UI.
super-poussin

Post by super-poussin »

there's 2 files to modify !!

why not compiling the last thrunk it works fine
ingoodmood

Post by ingoodmood »

super-poussin wrote:there's 2 files to modify !!

why not compiling the last thrunk it works fine
Yes, there are 2 files to be modified. But I cannot find the file "rpc-server.c" on My WD.
cico

Post by cico »

Is there no optware feed for your WD? The current build is from "1.61+r8420" which has fixed the previous bugs "404" as well as "cannot open torrent file" and lets me finally use transmission 1.6x on my Synology CS407. And it's great to now have file selection/prioritization and an option to verify local data within clutch! :-D
ingoodmood

Post by ingoodmood »

cico wrote:Is there no optware feed for your WD? The current build is from "1.61+r8420" which has fixed the previous bugs "404" as well as "cannot open torrent file" and lets me finally use transmission 1.6x on my Synology CS407. And it's great to now have file selection/prioritization and an option to verify local data within clutch! :-D
O,yes great, 1.61+r8420, I didn't notice that it has been updated. Thank you very much. Now it works fine!!
iamse7en

Post by iamse7en »

This is some crap. You guys say the r8420 nightlies gets rid of this very annoying bug - I tried the latest one, which is r8551, and it doesn't work. Every time I try to add a torrent, it says: "Connection Failed: Could not connect to the server. You may need to reload the page to reconnect." And the archive doesn't have r8420. I don't want to pick some random build, hoping it works... The latest one doesn't.

Yeah, and I reload and I get the same thing.

Really obnoxious. I use this feature a couple of times a day. Now I have to freakin' use FTP to add torrents. Ridiculous. I want to go back to the 'ol Clutch days. This merge was a killer.
kjg
Web Interface Developer

Post by kjg »

make sure that the web files got updated and make sure your browser hasn't cached the files.
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

iamse7en wrote:This is some crap. Really obnoxious. I use this feature a couple of times a day. Now I have to freakin' use FTP to add torrents. Ridiculous. I want to go back to the 'ol Clutch days. This merge was a killer.
Here you go:

http://clutchbt.com/Files/Clutch-0.4.zip
http://clutchbt.com/Files/Clutch-0.4.tar.gz

Enjoy!
Jorsher

Post by Jorsher »

iamse7en wrote:This is some crap. You guys say the r8420 nightlies gets rid of this very annoying bug - I tried the latest one, which is r8551, and it doesn't work. Every time I try to add a torrent, it says: "Connection Failed: Could not connect to the server. You may need to reload the page to reconnect." And the archive doesn't have r8420. I don't want to pick some random build, hoping it works... The latest one doesn't.

Yeah, and I reload and I get the same thing.

Really obnoxious. I use this feature a couple of times a day. Now I have to freakin' use FTP to add torrents. Ridiculous. I want to go back to the 'ol Clutch days. This merge was a killer.
Wow, great way to show gratitude for free software that people dedicate their time to while you sit back and complain.

I'm running the latest version on Ubuntu 8.04. I cannot upload files via the WebUI either. I've tried both FF and IE, and they act like they're attempting to upload (says sending request), but nothing shows up on the remote PC or on the WebUI (obviously).