Request: Add "or when transfers are uploading" to quit prefs

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
jpmcgee

Request: Add "or when transfers are uploading" to quit prefs

Post by jpmcgee »

I don't want to be rude to people who are downloading from my machine when I shutdown my computer.

Right now, I can set Transmission to quit immediately, or to warn me always, or to warn me if I'm downloading anything.

I'd like to be able to set it to warn me if I'm uploading.

Right now, what I do is to examine the list of transfers manually, looking for lines that say uploading. If I'm in a hurry, I worry that I'll miss one. (I do have a few there...)

Thanks,
Pat
livings124
Transmission Developer

Re: Request: Add "or when transfers are uploading" to quit prefs

Post by livings124 »

If you're downloading you're also (possibly uploading). That's why there are two options: prompt for quit with active or prompt for quit with downloading.
jpmcgee

Re: Request: Add "or when transfers are uploading" to quit prefs

Post by jpmcgee »

Did I get my directions wrong?

I want to be able to get a quit confirm under this condition: When someone else is currently getting a file from my computer.
I want to be able to NOT get a quit confirm when no one is getting stuff from me, even if I have files that I have offered.

(I only get content from other computers every couple of months, like when OOo or something else that I want to host comes out with a new version. So, getting a quit confirm when I'm getting content from another computer doesn't matter to me. I don't do it often enough. I know it matters to lots of other people; it's just something that I don't care about.)

Thanks,

Pat