Problem with Firefox 3.5 RC2 and Webinterface

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
BELzEBUB

Problem with Firefox 3.5 RC2 and Webinterface

Post by BELzEBUB »

Have anybody else noticed that loading the Webinterface in Firefox 3.5 RC2 takes a very long time? It takes about 30 seconds for me when i use Firefox 3.0.11 or Safari 4 everything is fine. I am using Transmission 1.61 an Gentoo Linux.
livings124
Transmission Developer

Re: Problem with Firefox 3.5 RC2 and Webinterface

Post by livings124 »

Transmission 1.72 is current and has a fast web interface.
BELzEBUB

Post by BELzEBUB »

I will test the new Version when its in the stable tree of gentoo linux.
belarios

Post by belarios »

I get a long, almost 30 second, loading delay in one firefox profile, but not in the other, using the same firefox.exe but using different settings. It must have to do with some bit of javascript.

Edit: I disabled all my add-ons, so it's not them.

Firefox console shows this error: "$.toJSON is not a function" in transmission.remote.js.

Opera console shows this: "EventThread:BeforeExternalScript. Opera has modified the JavaScript on home.example.com (Transmenu fix). See browser.js for details." However, there's no delay in Opera.

Safari does experience a 12 second delay loading the js files.

Unfortunately, I'm no javascript expert. I have no idea why it's happening in one profile and not the other.
Last edited by belarios on Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BELzEBUB

Post by BELzEBUB »

I tested Firefox 3.5 FInal with Transmission 1.72 an Gentoo Linux and nothing changed.
belarios

Post by belarios »

Found a solution.

Enter "about:config" in the address bar, enter "pipelining" into the Filter, right click "network.http.pipelining" and select Reset (or Toggle, but it should end up with a value of "False"), restart Firefox.

Dunno if this is a Firefox problem since it crept up in 3.5 or a transmissionbt problem since the built in web server could probably be configured to handle the pipelined requests or reject them gracefully. However, pipelining is off by default in Firefox to avoid problems with non-compliant web servers.
BELzEBUB

Post by BELzEBUB »

This solved the Problem for me. Thanks.