Automatic Stop Seeding at Ratio x

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
Pete99

Automatic Stop Seeding at Ratio x

Post by Pete99 »

Under Preferences>Transfers I've set my automatic stop seeding ratio to 1.0. I'm downloading a 5.8GB file and according to the statistics window I've uploaded 5.89GB and only got 3.6GB back. In the inspector window, I have 4.55 GB (only 3.19 verified), I've only downloaded 3.58 GB, I've uploaded 5.92 GB and have a ratio of 1.65. And until I set my upload bandwidth back to zero the tracker was happy to keep me uploading despite having set my seeding ratio to 1.0 before the transfer started. I thought I had to get the file first before seeding started? If I've already uploaded 2GB more than I've downloaded shouldn't Transmission have disabled uploading at my preference ratio of one, or am I missing something?
livings124
Transmission Developer

Re: Automatic Stop Seeding at Ratio x

Post by livings124 »

The option only works when you're a seeder (finished downloading).
Pete99

Re: Automatic Stop Seeding at Ratio x

Post by Pete99 »

Thanks. I've also found a seeding level in the inspector window, which I had set to global rather than seed to ratio, so I've changed it to ratio. But again, perhaps as you say the option may not work until I've got the file, which I'm still some way short of yet. Anyway, I'll watch the tracker doesn't get too far ahead in future, thanks. The option just doesn't work the way I thought it would.

Cheers