Download History

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
dedmeet

Download History

Post by dedmeet »

Hi,

I have been looking, but can't find any type of 'download history logging' feature.
Unless I am looking in all the wrong places, am I correct that this feature does not yet exist?
livings124
Transmission Developer

Re: Download History

Post by livings124 »

There's a message log that you're free to save. Persistent memory of what you have downloaded is unnecessary.
dedmeet

Re: Download History

Post by dedmeet »

Hi, thank you for the response...
livings124 wrote:There's a message log that you're free to save.

I can't find that. Note that I am only using the web interface, to control downloads on a remote server.
Is it possible that the log mentioned is not part of the transmission-daemon / not accessible from web interface ?
livings124 wrote:Persistent memory of what you have downloaded is unnecessary.
It would have helped, as we found that duplicated downloads do happen, and having a log/list of previous downloads will have helped remove the duplication.
When you have a download cap, making unwanted or duplicated downloads is a waste of allowed bandwidth.
Myself and two others use the same transmission web interface to manage our downloads.
The most recent duplication was the download of ubutu's new iso's, which resulted in 2 wasted downloads, as one of us had already done the download(s), and cleared the interface of the completed file(s).

I will consider adding this feature, if it is not already planned. Not soon, as I am quite busy with some other projects right now, but I have added it to my to-do list.

What i envision is:

1. Log downloads that are complete, which gets removed (downloads that are busy will be in the download manager, so duplication there is less likely)
2. When adding a new torrent check if torrent is not in download history.
3. If so, warn, but give option to go ahead and re-download again.