As my user name says...

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
curious

As my user name says...

Post by curious »

...I'm curious.

I run Azureus. Today I encountered someone in a swarm I was involved with, running your client...(v. 1.76) I was pounding out bandwith to said client (in excess of 50KB/s [Azureus: KBytes:not bits]) for at least ten minutes and it seemed that the client was constantly switching from one piece to the next, to the next, to the next...without completing anything. Is this the way this program is designed to work? Keeping 50+ piece files open at one time? When I booted him off my "gravy train" (so I could upload to those I was DLing from)...he still had 0% complete pieces. Seems like a rather bizarre way to approach file SHARING...Leeches Suck.

Is this due to the way he has configured the client or is this the "out of the box" modus operandi?

Call me "Curious" :?:
curious

Re: As my user name says...

Post by curious »

And to add to this line of inquiry...within the same swarm we just had a person running Azureus join. Within two minutes he was sharing with me...curious indeed...
demons33derxx

Re: As my user name says...

Post by demons33derxx »

Dont know about your specific incident, but I have had that happen before. I doubt it's client specific as I've identified this happen while using uTorrent. may be the protocol itself, although I have seen/found that there exists specialized/fake clients that will constantly display a 0% completion even if you are uploading massive amounts to them. Tho, if your so concerned their is a client called BitTyrant that supposedly enforces the download at as much as you upload belief. Alright, take care.