Seeding incomplete torrents

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
a-v

Seeding incomplete torrents

Post by a-v »

Hello.

I have some torrents that are downloaded only partially, that is, I keep only the files that are needed. Still, I would like to seed the content of those files. Currently Transmission, of course, allows doing that, but even if I set what files are to be downloaded and what not in torrent preferences, Transmission still creates partially downloaded files - for which I originally did not have an intent to keep them. The completion ratio of these files is always nearly 1%. I suppose this is because of torrent data chunks that span across files - Transmission notices that they are incomplete, and downloads them. I don't like unneeded junk appearing in the torrent directory, and this also wastes much space (storage for the whole file is allocated). I would like to disallow completion of these partially downloaded chunks, and seed only those that are completely within the files I want to store. Is there a setting to do it?

Thanks.