Transmission 1.83 Released

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
livings124
Transmission Developer

Transmission 1.83 Released

Post by livings124 »

This version is available for download here.

All tickets closed by this release
  • Fix 1.80 announce error that caused uploads and downloads to periodically freeze
  • Fix 1.80 announce timeout error that caused "no response from tracker" message
  • Fix 1.80 "file not found" error message that stopped some torrents
  • Fix 1.82 crash when adding new torrents via their ftp URL
  • Fix 1.80 crash when receiving invalid request messages from peers
  • Fix 1.82 error when updating the blocklist
naddy

Re: Transmission 1.83 Released

Post by naddy »

I just built and tried 1.83, and it fails to retrieve any peers or peer counts from trackers. 1.82 seems to work fine in this respect.

(GTK, OpenBSD/sparc64.)
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

naddy wrote:I just built and tried 1.83, and it fails to retrieve any peers or peer counts from trackers. 1.82 seems to work fine in this respect.

(GTK, OpenBSD/sparc64.)
How many trackers have you tried with? Are you sure this isn't on the tracker's end.
naddy

Post by naddy »

livings124 wrote:How many trackers have you tried with? Are you sure this isn't on the tracker's end.
Two private trackers I currently have torrents on. 1.83 can't get anything from the trackers. 1.82 right away gets peers and peer counts from the very same trackers.
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

Since they are private trackers, are you sure they are allowing 1.83 yet. Typically, they do not allow new clients right away. Also, are you sure the problem isn't on the tracker's end?
b0baz

Post by b0baz »

Ubuntu: 8.04 64bit
Transmission: 1.83

Works excellent, also on Private trackers (3xtrackers tested), everything works normally.

Last edited by b0baz on Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
metuus

Post by metuus »

Don't work speed limit. Transmission show speed with limit, but iStat Pro show speed without limit.

Mac OS X 10.6.2
Rolcol

Post by Rolcol »

metuus wrote:Don't work speed limit. Transmission show speed with limit, but iStat Pro show speed without limit.

Mac OS X 10.6.2
The speed limits on Transmission only count for data from the actual content of the torrent. Bittorrent has overhead which is just background talk between peers telling each other what pieces they have. This overhead increases the more peers and the more torrents you have active. Just set your limit a little lower if you want the total throughput of Transmission to be closer to the limit.
mrelwood

Post by mrelwood »

This is a great update! I was rebooting the Transmission, my computer, even my modem because of the very intermittent action. After this update, transfers are on constant fly!

Thank You!
xeth

Post by xeth »

using daemon with my media tank.
transmission crashes repeatedly.
is there a particular directory where the crash log is located?

disabled pex and dht and it works now. I'm not sure which one of them has a problem
xeth

Post by xeth »

looks like it wasn't the problem. it just restarted again and verifying files again
palooko

Post by palooko »

Just thought I say that I have SL 10.6.2 and Transmission 1.83 has been running seemingly perfect for me since the release. All the issues I had with 1.80, 1.81 and 1.82 have cleared up and she's running like, if not better than, before. Just throwing some positivity out there. If any issues crop up, I will surely post them up on the mac support thread. Thanks guys, your great! Best client for Mac in my opinion and I'll be sure to donate what I can, when I can...thanks!
palmac1088

Post by palmac1088 »

Working without a hitch on my system. MANY THANKS!

OSX 10.6.2
MacBookPro5,1
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53 GHz
Memory: 4 GB
Yada

Post by Yada »

metuus wrote:The speed limits on Transmission only count for data from the actual content of the torrent. Bittorrent has overhead which is just background talk between peers telling each other what pieces they have. This overhead increases the more peers and the more torrents you have active. Just set your limit a little lower if you want the total throughput of Transmission to be closer to the limit.
I thought the overhead was included in the total cap somewhere since 1.6x/1.7x?
kovalev

Post by kovalev »

Followed recent releases closely as we've got a lot of important enhancements and bugfixes there. Last releases (since 10035) seem work flawlessly under Ubuntu - many thanks again to the Transmission team!
While building releases since 100xx I have noticed several compiler warnings related to the third-party source code. Though these seem have no effect on the Transmission code generated under Ubuntu, I've decided to post it here just as an information for more proficient people (I am not a professional software developer...) At least two of them related to UPnP/NATPmP library, and built-in port test still reports my port as "closed" with at least two different routers despite UPnP reports "Port forwarding successful!" as well as popular web services like canyouseeme.org.

Since T 1.83 has been released, may be it's time to clean up and update a copyright message as well (year 2009 to 2010)...
Now running T 1.83+ rc10048 under Ubuntu 9.10 (Linux kernel 2.6.31.18 and Gnome 2.28.1).

natpmp.c:164: warning: no previous declaration for ‘readnatpmpresponse’
miniwget.c: In function ‘miniwget2’:
miniwget.c:43: warning: unused parameter ‘url’
regress.c: In function ‘test_simpleread’:
regress.c:373: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
regress.c: In function ‘test_fork’:
regress.c:537: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
regress.c:568: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
regress.c:581: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
regress.c: In function ‘test_event_base_new’:
regress.c:897: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
regress.c: In function ‘test_multiple_events_for_same_fd’:
regress.c:1300: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
regress.c: In function ‘read_once_cb’:
regress.c:1326: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
regress.c: In function ‘test_want_only_once’:
regress.c:1342: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
bench.c: In function ‘read_cb’:
bench.c:76: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
bench.c: In function ‘run_once’:
bench.c:101: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
webseed.c: In function ‘fireNeedReq’:
webseed.c:63: warning: unused parameter ‘w’