Transmission 1.92 Released!

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
AGSystem

Re: Transmission 1.92 Released!

Post by AGSystem »

Just a quick note to say that after the recent upgrade to 10.6.3 and installing the new airport patch also released, 1.92 seems to not only be working awesome but i have experienced no crashes or errors since.

It seems that whatever they changed in 10.6.3 its worked.

If others are having issues with 1.92 of transmission try run the latest updates to your mac if you can.

Let us know if others have had the same experiences.

**EDIT**
Hate to say it but it seems that 1.92 is back to its old tricks.
Have noticed that when the speed change kicks in, this is when the system seems to freeze thanks to a finder lock up.

It looks like something might be triggering off the known finder issue where it needs to be restarted/halted to allow the other process to finish.

Also had an issue after the initial freeze and forced reboot where any torrents that were added with a magnet link, now suddenly have disappeared. The resulting .part file is still in the download folder but there is no trace of the torrent in either the main window, as well as torrents or resume folders. This is not an issue with torrents that were added with .torrent files.

Note that when reverted back to 1.74 all these issues went away.
Debu

Post by Debu »

Trans v1.92 is working well for me on Leopard.

I may have found a minor bug, though. When I add a tracker to a torrent then save the torrent file to the original location, Trans correctly notes that an older version of the torrent file exists in that location and asks whether I want to replace the older version with the version I am in process of saving. However, I discovered that Trans will not over-write the old version even after clicking the "replace" button. The "Modified" date in the Preview column does not change. I deleted the torrent file from Trans and re-upped it to check and the tracker changes were not retained.

In case it matters in the problem solving process, I actually added two public trackers and deleted the original private tracker before attempting to save the torrent file.

Saving the torrent file to a separate folder, then manually replacing the original file via "drag & drop" works fine. "Save As" works, but "replace" apparently does not.

Thanks for all the work that all of you have put into this great client!
rockyb

Post by rockyb »

AGSystem wrote:Hate to say it guys but for some reason no matter what i try my machine freezes using 1.92..
I have the same problem

Happens after some time running, whole system freezes -requires cold reboot
Mac mini 1.66 running 10.6.3
Transmission 1.9.2
Debu

Post by Debu »

x190 wrote:Just wondering if it might not be easier to add/delete trackers in Inspector>Trackers...
I did use the tracker window of Inspector when adding/deleting the tracker addresses.
netbuddy

Post by netbuddy »

h8uthemost wrote:Is this going to be added to the repos for Ubuntu 9.04?

Thanks for the update.
Yep, I would like to know this too. It appears that this is very common with updates to programs in linux, the updates come out the site but those of us who have no option but to use the add/remove programs get left behind.

I downloaded the update 1.92 and I can not install it. I have no idea as it is a jumble of files of different types and I have no clue what you do with these files.

Come on guys, your doing a quarter of the job here, the very least you can do is make an installer of some sort.
bkor

Post by bkor »

Thanks for Transmission!

From transmission-remote -st (for copy/pasting purposes; I actually use the GUI version):

Code: Select all

TOTAL
  Started 65 times
  Uploaded:   3210.9 GB
  Downloaded: 1072.9 GB
  Ratio:      2.99
  Duration:   481 days
I really like being able to control the graphical client using transmission-remote, the low memory usage and the simplicity.
Longinus00

Post by Longinus00 »

netbuddy wrote:
On the download page there is a link to the ubuntu ppa which has "installer" versions. https://edge.launchpad.net/~transmissionbt/+archive/ppa
The official ubuntu repos and handled by ubuntu, not transmission. If you want to complain about their policy go talk to them.