"Permission denied" error message

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
Nocayo

"Permission denied" error message

Post by Nocayo »

Hello,

I should start by confessing to very limited "computer knowledge".

Yesterday I made quite an upgrade from an aging iBook G4 (with a 12" screen) with Transmission 1.92(10363) and Mac OS X 10.5.8 to a new iMac (21.5-inch: 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo) with OS X 10.6.3

I transferred all my previous information using Time Machine and when I tried to add new transfers to Transmission, they all came back with a message that reads: Error: Permission denied (Volumes/...the place where I store them and the name of the Torrent file).

All the files that I am seeding are working all right, its the downloads that are having the problem. What should I do?

Thanks in advance for you help.

Best,

Nocayo
Nocayo

Re: "Permission denied" error message

Post by Nocayo »

Hello x190 and thank you for your reply.

I followed your information and to be on the sure side I gave every user on the list "Read & Write" privileges both for the external hard drive I am using and for the corresponding folder. I restarted the computer and even reset the router.
Unfortunately the problem persists. When I resume the transfers they start for a few seconds (I can even get to see from how many peers I am downloading from) and then it stops and the Error message appears.
Very frustrating.

Nocayo