TOTAL Newbie - What does Error: Tracker returned a 4xx Messa

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
BjMuff

TOTAL Newbie - What does Error: Tracker returned a 4xx Messa

Post by BjMuff »

:?: Tracker Returned a 4xx message

What does this mean?
What should I do as it has already downloaded half the file?

There is a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark on top of the AVI icon.
There are other torrents with this same "warning" but they are continuing to download?

How do I prompt a torrent which has been inactive for a number of days to start downloading again (or looking for more sources). Again half the file has downloaded but has not moved for days but same yellow warning on the file Icon

I am not very computer literate and certainly not "Transmission" literate so please be gentle and do not hurl abuse. I have to start somewhere :oops: :!: :!:
Ryoujin

Post by Ryoujin »

If I were you I'd check with the Tracker; that doesn't seem a problem related to Transmission at all.

Maybe they deleted the torrent from the tracker or something like that, your best bet would be either (1) checking in some sort of FAQ, if they have ~or~ (2) posting the question in forums, if they have as well.
Waldorf

Post by Waldorf »

The error 4xx is the same as for other websites: http://www.tamingthebeast.net/articles/ ... erence.htm

Most likely, the tracker is down. If so, not much you can do about it except contacting the tracker.
BjMuff

Post by BjMuff »

:? Thanks guys.

At least I have somewhere to start looking.
smarts

Re: TOTAL Newbie - What does Error: Tracker returned a 4xx Messa

Post by smarts »

This happened to me because I had both "Network" and "proxy" checked under the Network tab in preferences. Just uncheck one or the other.
radir

Re:

Post by radir »

Waldorf wrote:The error 4xx is the same as for other websites: http://www.tamingthebeast.net/articles/ ... erence.htm

Most likely, the tracker is down. If so, not much you can do about it except contacting the tracker.
Hi,

And what about when tracker is up? I use to find this problem in 1.5x version when partial download is selected: download is fine but - randomly - seeding fails and getting this 4xx error message.

Any idea?

Thanks.
Michelasso

Post by Michelasso »

I get the same message running HotSpot Shield (a free VPN). Problem is that I can telnet to port 80 of the tracker(s). W/O VPN it works fine. Any idea?
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

15 minutes ago I was downloading a torrent file just fine. I asked Transmission to check for updates, it found the 1.83 update which I installed and restarted Transmission.

The torrent immediately said, 'Tracker returned a 4xx message', and wouldn't carry on downloading.

However I quit Transmission a few times, then finally started it up and the torrent is now downloading but STILL giving me the same error message.

This is obviously happening after I updated to 1.83. Is the update at fault, or the tracker not recognising something that Transmission is telling it?
natx

Post by natx »

I'm having the same error, but in my case, the torrent is finished anf it's the only one in a couple of torrents of the same tracker that gives me that error.

It seems to be a transmission error. Like the other one that affects me too in 1.82 version that freezes a torrent...