1.52 SLOW SPEEDS, Other clients are still quick

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
moonman272@gmail.com

1.52 SLOW SPEEDS, Other clients are still quick

Post by moonman272@gmail.com »

Hey all, so, transmission is my long time Torrent client of choice, so this is getting frustrating, to the point that I am currently running uTorrent, and compiling Deluge.

Since version 1.52, my speeds have been horrible, I Chalked it up to the normal troubles, routers, throtteling, congestion, things that usually clear up in a couple hours, or maybe a day or so. But now its been a week and i've given up. My speeds went from about 1.2MB/s, to averaging 45kB, with an occasional max of about 200kB.

I finally decided it is probably transmission, so I loaded up my torrents in uTorrent, and boom, right back to over 1MB.

All my settings are fine, same as theyve always been, no changes, ports open, etc, the only app that seems to have the issue is transmission.

Also I can see my download speed jump up sometimes, for a second or two, to 300kB-500kB, then just drop back down to double digits. It seems like it can not maintain the speeds, any ideas people?
essiw

Re: 1.52 SLOW SPEEDS, Other clients are still quick

Post by essiw »

1) Is your port open
2) Are you sure you don't have selected speed limit?
3) search the wiki ( trac.transmissionbt.com ) for things about slow speeds ( I am sure there has to be an article about it)
timta2

Post by timta2 »

And have you tried using an older version of Transmission? I can't use newer versions on my system but the older ones work great!
moonman272@gmail.com

essiw wrote:1) Is your port open
2) Are you sure you don't have selected speed limit?
3) search the wiki ( trac.transmissionbt.com ) for things about slow speeds ( I am sure there has to be an article about it)
Yes, as stated, ports are open, no speed limits are not set. I've gone through the wiki and none of the reasons apply. That is why I have posted here.

So all of that of the way, I suppose a better question is, has anyone else experienced this with 1.52 running on OSX 10.5.6, is it a known problem, and is there a solution or explanation.
hub

Post by hub »

I had the same problem and the solution for me was to go back to ver. 1.5. Now i can dl with my max capacity again and not the 5-10% as it was with the latest release.
moonman272@gmail.com

yeah, that was the only thing that made a difference. The sad part is that I tried out uTorrent, It got much better speeds, and surprisingly, it is a lot better with my AEBS. It does not kill it 12 times a day like transmission does. It has its own problems also, but killing the router is not one of them. I really saw the diference when I switched back to older versions of transmission and the 1.60b1 beta, they quickly took down my router.

I'm worried, I still WANT to use transmission, but this is how a switch in apps starts! =P